Friday, January 28, 2011

HSG Results - Help!

I had my HSG this morning.  I'm not sure what to think of the results.  There's still no real answer, but at least we're making progress.  My tubes aren't blocked...the solution traveled through them fine.  But the doc did find a polyp, which she said isn't necessarily blocking the tubes, but it still may or may not be affecting my ability to get pregnant.

She gave me films to take to my Creighton doc just in case I want to go to her to have it removed (for insurance purposes).  But my Creighton doc doesn't take my insurance anyway, so "Dr. Secular" is going to remove it.  I need to get that scheduled.

Anyone have results like this?  Any advice you can give me?  Could the polyp, although not blocking my tubes, still be causing my IF???

11 comments:

  1. I had an HSG early on and my tubes were clear too. That was four years ago. The HSG didn't see the stage four endo, adhesions, fibroids and cysts.

    Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the polyp in the uterus? Did they biopsy it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think so. And no, they haven't removed it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had clear tubes too. Our IF was and still is "unexplained." Keep up the investigation hon! There has to be another reason... Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I say anytime an infertile girl can have a surgery jump on it! It's so healing! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I say anytime an infertile girl can have a surgery jump on it! It's so healing! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, the polyp could be playing a role in your IF (by affecting implantation). Get it removed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My tubes Were clear. They found I had a uterine septum. They did u/s and saw cysts. Surgery and found stage 4 endo. I'm all about surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad the HSG showed nothing blocked! I will be praying for you and potential surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone! I'm DEFINITELY having the surgery to get it removed. Can't hurt, right? I appreciate all your stories & advice. I'll keep you posted!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, all this has been so helpful to me. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete