Friday, May 21, 2010

It's ALIIIIIIIVE!!!

And that's a good thing! I have such a black thumb, I never thought I could ever have a successful garden. Well, I don't want to speak too soon, but the fact that I've already gotten some sprouts from seeds is far more successful than I've ever been before!! I attribute my husband's beautiful garden boxes he built for me and the soil that we put in them. Planting directly into our soil is a nightmare. It's full of clay, rock, and sand. It's miserable. And I can't believe how quickly they sprouted! Again...trying not to get my hopes up too much, but so far, so good!

Unfortunately I had to put the chicken wire around it because of our dog, "Princess Samantha". She thinks everything we do around here is for her enjoyment and she already dug up a few of my pepper sprouts. She's so lucky to be alive.

I'm going to do another post on the making of the garden boxes, but for now here is what's happening:

The first box with "poultry netting" (as the package called it!)

Sprouts!!

Li'l cucumbers

And even SWEET CORN!! I'm most excited about this. Hearkens back to the good ol' days growing up in Indiana!

And this is the "garden section" of our yard. Note the beautiful new fence in the background!

No comments:

Post a Comment