Wednesday, January 23, 2013

We said goodbye

Tonight we celebrated the funeral mass for our unbaptized babies, Gerard and Frances.  I got through it much better than anticipated.  I think it will take awhile to process.  But I'm so glad we did it.  I have a feeling it will be some good closure for us.  We thank God for our amazing priest who offered the mass for us.  Not many would, I don't think.  He said the rite of unbaptized infants is very rarely said.  But he got permission from the diocese to have it for us.  So we got to officially lay our babies to rest and know they're in the Hands of God now.  Phew.  Tomorrow might be rough.

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad the priest was able to do this for you and your babies. I did not know there was a rite for unbaptized infants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad for this grace. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm so glad you were able to do this! I didn't know they had this. What a blessing in the face of such pain. I'm glad you were able to say goodbye. Praying for you today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you had this Mass. I had a memorial mass for Jude Paul and I felt much better afterwards. This may sound weird, but then my family and I went to lunch after the Mass- and I think all the love and support- just made it a peaceful, loving and soothing day. Sending you prayers N.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad. Many prayers for you and your babies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never thought to do this, but now that you mention it, I attended one of these for a miscarried sibling :( I am so glad you have a wonderful priest that did this. Prayers for you during this difficult time!

    ReplyDelete