Wednesday, February 29, 2012

This is only a week late!

I've been meaning to post about the book I'm reading for Lent.  Alas, a week into it, here I finally am!  But I guess since I'm now into the book, I can provide an opinion!  It's called "Simplifying the Soul" and it's all about - shocking! - simplifying!  It's a daily devotional and for each different week, she gives a theme.  The first was simplifying space, then simplifying your use of money, etc. and every day you have a task.  So far I've cleaned out a junk drawer, donated something I'm not using, created a prayer space (ok, so I'm still working on this one...it's hard!), made a meal from lost or forgotten items, and more!  I highly recommend it if you're looking to simplify.


5 comments:

  1. I just discovered you on here, but I have been looking for something more to do during Lent, I just ordered the book, it sounds perfect! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading it too, and really enjoying it so far. Glad you are too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.. Thank for letting me know about this book. I just wrote a post on how my lent is all about simplifying and here I read about this great book. Thank you and have a Blessed Lent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That book looks great! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nicole, I think I had your email right...but just in case...want to join the hop? http://www.blessed-and-broken.blogspot.com/2012/02/fertilitycare-blog-hop.html

    ReplyDelete