Tuesday, March 22, 2011

More baby updates

First of all, it's humanly impossible for me to thank you all sufficiently for all of your prayers through this ordeal!! So the best I can do is: thanks! And more thanks for checking back to ask about the progress. You are some amazing people!!

The most recent update is that they didn't see anything on the ultrasound but she did cancel her abortion appt for tomorrow. Praise God!!! Now that just means that since they didn't see anything on the U/S (it's very early), she's going back to the PRC in a week for another one. However, when she got home she started cramping and bleeding so they're pretty sure she's miscarrying (another reason they probably didn't see anything on the U/S). Which is good and bad. No...a m/c is never "good" but it's always better than abortion. I'm certainly disappointed because there was a very outside chance that could have been my child. But I'm trying not to think of it that way because we don't even know of the girl would have been open to adoption. So...it's still sort of a waiting game until next week's visit but we have bougt ourselves a week!! Thank the Lord!!!

17 comments:

  1. Well that is a blog post filled with many emotions. From disappointed to thrilled to crushed, but understanding. I was so hoping this would work out for you, Nicole. Keep us updated. Praying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I'm so sad for you and her and the boyfriend and everyone involved. I'm so thankful that she cancelled the abortion, regardless of whether or not she is actually miscarrying. That decision was so good for her soul. I'm sorry Nicole. I'm sad for you, but so thankful for your prayers for that girl and your openness to life. You don't know the good you have done for her! Surely God is smiling on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many emotions. wow.

    We continue to pray from here and several friends from Argentina joined also. Will continue to pray to Our Lady of Guadalupe for healing for all involved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll keep praying. Thanks for the update...so many emotions in this post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank goodness for the canceled appointment! More prayers for all of you...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for letting us know. Sorry for everyone's loss. Thank God you are there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, sorry for everyone's loss. Thank you Nicole.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, so much going on here. What an emotional situation. Thanks for keeping us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so strong and awesome! I admire you so much!
    Praying for that baby and for all of you involved.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh, I did not even think about a possible miscarriage. How sad. Nicole, I would have been just like you-thinking, "could this be mine". I think that is normal. I will be praying for her.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a roller coaster of emotions. Grateful that somehow the abortion is not in the picture any more. All of it so needless. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet Nicole! I'm so glad to meet you. I have seen your posts on my blog and I appreciate all your support. I just put two and two together...I'm an idiot. Mary, The Screllos blog, has been talking about this whole abortion issue with this girl and I just realized that you are the Nicole she was talking to me about. Duh!!! I don't know much about your blog but I plan on catching up. So nice to meet you and happy to start following!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a totally random question but I saw a blogger on your blog list. I was her advent buddy last year...anyway, she doesn't have the blogger blog and I don't know how to follow her. How did you follow her? It's Matching Moonheads??? SHe is so sweet but I don't know how to follow her so she isn't on my blog list and I feel bad.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow. Such a sad situation all around yet I'm glad she cancelled the appt....still praying!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Awaiting! Thanks for coming by! I've been following you for a bit, so I'm so glad to see you here! I love Mary...she's such a sweetheart!

    About Matching Moonheads, I just added her URL to my blog roll, just like I'd do for any blogger blog. It worked fine for me. If you need more help, email me at nmlehe at gmail dot com! I love her...she's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am glad the abortion got cancelled, but sad the baby might be lost anyway.
    So sorry for all that you are going through!

    ReplyDelete