Monday, January 21, 2008

Keeping Your Family Fit

In my quest to drop some of those extra holiday pounds, I recently joined Weight Watchers. I am loving it. It's barely a diet, and I've found it's pretty easy to do! I'm also a long-time subscriber to Fitness Magazine, and just talked my sister into joining. It is a great magazine and also has a lot of useful information on their website. My favorite this month is how to keep your family fit and healthy. It gives you tips on activities to do with kids at any age, and how to get toddlers to eat their vegetables (my biggest challenge right now). We're huge fans of our local YMCA and use it regularly. My favorite part is their childcare drop-off area. My son gets to play with other kids and run around for some activity while I get an hour to myself to get some much-needed exercise. We're also members of a children's gym that he loves! Just like a Gymboree or Little Gym, it's a place we can go that is padded with gymnastics mats and has climbing structures for him to climb, jump on, or roll off of!

If you're not a member of a gym, club, or magazine subscription, I highly recommend it. Not only is it great for your health but it can also help you get out of the house and beat these winter blues. Best of luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment