Tuesday, March 8, 2011

40 Days, bring it on!

Does it make them more concrete if I blog about them?  Maybe I'll stay accountable now.  For the first time (ever?) I'm actually looking forward to Lent.  I've been in a spiritual drought for a long time now, and I just need a long period of repentance and reflection.  I've been hearing this from a lot of people lately.  What's going on out there?!?

Here is what I'm *attempting* for the next 40 days:

1) Giving up my weeknight evening TV time.  It's such a relaxing, vegetative time for me, but I've realized I end up staying awake much too late and never do any reading.  So I'm going to replace my TV time with something more spiritual - prayer time, reading, etc.  And this excludes weekends since weekend TV time is usually family time!

2) More daily mass

3) Jack has karate on Friday nights, so it's hard for us to make the stations of the cross regularly.  But...I found some Stations for Kids and I'm going to have Jack color the pictures and do the reflections on our own at home.  They might not happen on Fridays, even, but we'll get them in somehow!

4) Hubby & I are doing The Love Dare!  We'll see how that goes...

5) Besides my bloggy prayer buddy, my Lenten prayer intention is for the two directors from our local Planned Parenthood.  I'm debating on reaching out to them personally (we've never met, but I'm certain they know of me)...I'm trying to discern if that's the right approach.  Praying for an Abby Johnson-type conversion!

6) My church has 2 days so far for praying during 40 Days.  But hopefully I'll be out there more times than that!

I shouldn't have put numbers on my resolutions.  I don't mean to make it look like I'm doing "so much."  I'm not. Most are just things I've been meaning to do for a really long time!

And as always, prayers for my fellow bloggers and all you Catholic IF'ers and mommies, who carry on the legacy of our faith and pass it on to the next generation!

4 comments:

  1. These are aweeeesommmme. I wish I were organized this year. I do know the book I'm reading, at least!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Stations for Kids. Thank you. It's nice to be able to share the 40 days with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds awesome! It will be a very fruitful journey for you, I'm sure. I've heard great things about the love dare! Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post! Gosh, I feel guilty~ The T.V. sacrifice is huge! Good for you! O, and you must let me know about the Love Dare book!! I loved that movie~

    Have a blessed and fruitful lent~
    ps- when are we meeting!!??

    ReplyDelete