Monday, May 9, 2011

Mary, Undoer of Knots

I implore every Catholic IF blogger (or anyone) out there reading this to say this this novena.  It is truly the most miraculous prayer I have ever encountered.

My mom introduced me to this obscure little novena several months ago when she found it in a little Catholic bookstore in town.  She then heard about how powerful it was and said the novena for my brother, who was a fallen-away Catholic, but at the time beginning to search for more meaning.  She began the novena on a Thursday.  My brother then left for a business retreat the following weekend.  She finished the novena that Saturday.  He returned home on Sunday, walked into her house, and announced he was coming back to the Catholic Church.  Just like that.

Needless to say, my mom was sold!  She also said the novena for me before and during my surgery.  And after a successful surgery I'm now pregnant with twins.

Ladies...I can't urge you enough!  Order this novena.  I wear the ring on my right hand at all times in honor of Our Lady, Undoer of Knots.  I'm not saying it will cure everyone!  I'm just saying it's a very powerful prayer that you may not have yet heard of.  And a few more prayers can't hurt!

Carded 8"x10" Prints for Framing - Virgin Mary Undoer of Knots - Linen Paper - 7 and 4 Color Process Printing

14 comments:

  1. Oh my, I love that title for Mary. I need to pray my novena book as I bought that one a year or so back. I wrote a post about it - if you are interested in reading it. Thanks for the encouragement again!!!!

    http://joybeyondthecross.blogspot.com/2010/04/are-you-fit-to-be-tied.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to say "I need to find my novena book"...ha that is what I get for commenting this early in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I clicked over here for the first time just because I saw the title of the post. I've had the same things happen to me as your mother in this post. It's almost unbelievable how much this novena works. And the image is so beautiful!

    Okay that's all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummm...sold? You make a great sale! :)

    I must say, though, that I'm often skeptical of novenas. I mean- is the reason God hasn't answered a prayer b/c I haven't prayed the right novena?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lauren I know what you mean, and no, I don't believe that there's some magical combinations o prayers that works for everyone. But I do believe in miracles coming from prayer. I think the same can be said about any prayer - novena or not. I don't know why or how God answers some prayers and doesn't answer others. No idea. I just wanted to give my personal story with this particular novena.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too am skeptical of novenas. I have had many many many novenas prayed for me over these past 10 years for a pregnancy and yet I have never been pregnant.
    My view of prayer is that it is supposed to draw you closer to God, not to "get you what you want". I am not saying that there is anything wrong with prayers of petition, for I pray them often, but I feel like my mindset is that I pray and then ask God that His Will be done in my life. God allows us to carry some crosses for our whole lives, because He knows that if He were to remove this cross, we would draw away from Him because He knows all things and works everything out for the good of those who love Him. I think many people (me included) get tempted to get angry with God when we pray a novena for a specific intention and then don't get the answer we wanted, whether it be for a new job, a pregnancy, a house we want, etc. So, as long as one keeps the right mindset and uses prayer to glorify God and grow in love of Him, I think novenas, (or any other prayers) are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for this! It's wonderful that you share these things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing this Novena.. It's new to me and I am going to recite it :) Mother Mary, Pray for all of us..

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sold too! I love this image as well. And I totally agree that no novena is "magic" but at least for someone like me, who struggles to focus in prayer, they can help me grow spiritually and really offer intentions up for prayer instead of just getting distracted and forgetting that God wants to hear from me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sarah - I love your take on novenas! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for this. I don't think I pray enough for a cure.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Sarah...you articulated what I was trying to, but far better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. We just started this novena for the intention of a job my husband is applying for. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much for the novena info! I am always searching, searching, searching .... :) So glad to hear about your brother!

    ReplyDelete