Monday, May 17, 2010

Where have I been??

Short answer: busy. But I have a lot to write about from the past couple weeks so hopefully I can work on a lot of that today and tomorrow.

Just a quick thought for today. My trainer has me on a rockin' arm program because my cousin is getting married in June and I told her I want buff arms. :) It will be nearly a high school reunion, so...you know. Anyway, today's workout was called the "Killer Kombo." I'm hating my trainer right now. (A friend of mine used to have a saying, "Hate me now, love me later." We'll see.) It's a combo of body weight squats, push-ups, pull-ups, and jump rope. The first week I did 30 reps of each, with 2 min. jump rope. This was my second week...FORTY reps of each! IN A ROW!! So that's 40 squats, 40 push-ups, 40 pull-ups, then 2 min. of jump rope. It's appropriately named.

Anyway, my point is, that because I have a short attention span I was having a tough time mentally getting through 2 solid minutes of jump rope. (I know 2 minutes doesn't seem like a long time. Try it.) So I needed something to take my mind off of it. So I started a Hail Mary. Turns out I can say just about a decade in 2 minutes! So that's what I'm going to do: start saying my rosary during my "Killer Kombo!" (Appropriate?) I can say the intermittent prayers during my squats, etc. And I do 4 sets so I can do the last decade either during warm up or cool down. Just thought I'd pass along my fun fact for the day!

Happy & Holy fitness!

2 comments:

  1. Hold on... can you DO 30 pull-ups in a row? I can do... 3. And how are your arms now? I need this plan...

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! I was so confused when I saw this comment...I forgot about this post! :)

    Um...yea, it was killer. And just so you know, I was doing my pull-ups on a pull-up machine - the kind where you kneel and can take some body weight off (or a lot, as the case may be)! It definitely worked. My arms were more defined for sure. In fact, i think I should start it again! Haha. If you want the plan, it's right there in the post. It's that simple!

    ReplyDelete