Saturday, March 27, 2010

I Heart Kickboxing

Just a quick little blurb on one of my favorite workouts - kickboxing! I started doing it regularly about a year ago at the Y (my second home) and really enjoyed it. It's an amazing cardio workout that gives me a whopping 9 activity POINTS (which is a LOT for those of you who don't do Weight Watchers)! I enjoyed it so much that I bought a kickboxing DVD to do at home when I don't make it to the gym. I did it for the second time today and realized that it's not nearly as hardcore as the fitness class at the gym, but it's still good in a pinch. I bought the Quick Fix: Total Cardio Kick DVD. Years ago I had a Quick Fix Abs video and loved it. For the most part the Cardio Kick is decent, and like I said, good in a pinch. But I noticed that sometimes the instructor mirrors you and sometimes she doesn't which is hard to keep up with. I can't remember which side I'm supposed to be on! In class the instructor always mirrors you, so you always know you're going the same direction they are. (Since she faces you, she tells you to go right, but she's actually using her left.) But in the DVD, when she's not mirroring, you have to remember to go the opposite direction and then what side you've already done, etc. It's too much thinking for a physical workout. On the upside, all the Quick Fix DVDs include 3 different 10-minute workouts. You can do 1, 2, or all 3 of them at a time. Which is really nice if you're in a rush. And Cardio Kick even includes a 4th bonus session, which I found was the most intense one! So...that's part of what I did today. What about you? Does anyone have any at-home kickboxing - or any other fitness - DVD they really enjoy? I'd love to get some more ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment