Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I've officially hit a wall! Plus surgery & adoption

If you've been reading, you know how chaotic the last 6 weeks have been for me.  January is just typically busy for a pro-lifer, with the March for Life activities and all.  But add to that the gruesome Philadelphia abortionist case (he used to work in DE so I've been BUSY), and you have yourself one tuckered out stay-at-home momma.  I have to keep reminding myself that that is what I am first and foremost - a "stay-at-home" mom who happens to volunteer her time to a higher cause.  But my family always comes first.  I'm a volunteer, so I can't afford a nanny for school drop-off and pick-up.  I can't hire a housekeeper to vacuum and do laundry.  I think some people I work with forget these "minor" details and expect me to be completely available!  Although if they came to my house it wouldn't take long for them to figure it out!  :)

Add to that my IF issues...scheduling dr. appointments, pre-ops, procedures, blood work, surgeries, and...UGH.  I have officially run myself ragged.  I am extremely exhausted and feel like I just got run over by a truck.  I have flu-like symptoms and can't pull myself off the couch after a busy morning.

In an effort to not be TOO depressing, I have a date for my surgery!  I haven't mentioned it before, but I'm having a D&C and laparoscopy (finally) on Tuesday!  I was originally just scheduled for the D&C and hystero-something (seriously, this is how exhausted I am), but at my pre-op this morning she said she can also do the laparoscopy at the same time.  I'm so excited about it, because that was the point I quit NaPro.  I was referred to Gianna for it, but it was just financially impossible.  Now I can get it from my in-network doc and I can't wait!  I'll keep you posted on the results.

Finally - and this is completely new - I'm meeting with an adoption counselor tomorrow!  I just found out a friend of mine through pro-life is a counselor.  I've always had questions about adoption, but have never pressed the issue because my husband is so concerned about the financials.  I know it's a totally legitimate concern, I just want to get some details so we're covering all our bases.  I'm meeting with her as a friend, not an adoption counselor - it's completely unofficial.  I'm really excited about what I'll find out.  Unfortunately I don't think she'll be able to quell our finance concerns!

Anyone out there who's gone through adoption, even though I've read about most of your stories on your blogs, I'd appreciate any advice/comments/wisdom!

15 comments:

  1. I am new to your blog and oh my, admire so much already. Please be assured that I will be following and that you are now included in my prayers.


    Much love,

    Little JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must be ready to drop! I can't imagine.

    I am so happy that you will have your surgery soon! I will be praying!!

    And I'll pray for the adoption front too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a laparoscopy and hysteroscopy too
    .. twice! Its not too bad. I'm excited for your surgery and adoption meeting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, posted same comment twice for some reason!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yayyyy! So excited for both of these advancements. I just KNOW something is going to work out for you and your little guy will be a big bro :) Praying for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know how you've hung in there so long with all of that. You deserve a break!

    RE: adoption finances- my quick tid-bit is this is the year to do it. If it's finalized this year, you'll get a $13,000 tax rebate, but that goes down to $5,000 next year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Lauren, thanks for that info!!! I had no idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i just subscribed to your blog in my reader....
    there are not many secondary Catholic IFers out there!!

    I don't have a blog, but do read and follow many of them.

    My daughter is almost 4, we live in DC, and we were at the March too!!
    Oh and I have PCOS.
    look forward to reading more about your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Exciting! :) I am curious regarding adoption too. I have always felt drawn to adoption but DH is also worried about finances.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Kerry! Welcome and thanks for following! If you get a chance send me an email: nmlehe@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nicole, I wish you well with your surgery on Tues...are you getting it done by Dr. K.B. from the gianna ctr in NJ? I am also looking into adoption...we are trying to schedule our intro appt as we speak! I will be praying for you on Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. SRR - Nope, I'm actually having it done by my non-NaPro OB here locally. I was originally sent to Gianna Health in Manhattan, but for insurance reasons couldn't do it. So since my secular OB will do it under my insurance, I'm going with it!

    Best of luck with your adoption meeting! I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I want to wish you well for tomorrow. I will be praying for you and perhaps we can "compare" post-op symptoms together....
    God Bless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good luck with the lap! I have had 2 and its not that bad and the results can be amazing.

    Will put you in my blog roll! so happy to have found you!

    ReplyDelete