Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Patron Saints for 2012

We're only halfway through January, right?  Not too late to get in gear on choosing my annual patron saint!  Right?  Right?  Beuler?

Hmmm...this one is going to be interesting.  But I'm excited!

Using Jen's Saint Name Generator, I drew St. Damien of Molokai.  I had heard the name in the past, but didn't know much about him.  He's the patron of lepers and HIV/AIDS sufferers.

My saint for 2011 made so much sense as soon as she appeared on my computer screen, for many reasons!  This one is a little less clear, but I'm excited to see what St. Damien has in store for me in 2012!

If you're friends with me on facebook, you probably saw that Jack's Halloween costume last year was Indiana Jones, with whom he's just a bit obsessed.  So now whenever someone asks what he wants to be when he grows up, he responds, "An archaeologist!"  Which I think is pretty cool because it's totally different from the universal "doctor" or "teacher" most kids give at this age.

So Jack was sitting with me while I was choosing my saint and he said he wanted to choose one.   Cool idea, I thought.  So we "spin the wheel" and land on...Pope Saint Damasus I.  Patron saint of....archaeologists!!  Ha!  Cool kid!  Talk about making sense!

4 comments:

  1. I just LOVE Jack's saint. That can not be ANY cooler! I'm excited to watch how St. Damien intercedes for you this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to laugh when I read about your patron saint for 2011; if Gabriel would have been a girl, he would have been Rose! Great minds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! JoAnna, that's awesome! Good thing we both had boys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got St. Matthew. I think we owe people too much money!

    ReplyDelete